Are you planning to visit a country beyond your own borders? If so, we would like you to consider accepting an appointment as a COAI International Ambassador.
By volunteering your time and enthusiasm you will experience an opportunity of a lifetime.
You will be able to meet and exchange clown skills with your fellow joeys in their homeland, as well as share the art form, its history, traditions and of course lots of smiles with interested people.
Through personal interaction and communication, we can secure new international members as we promote, share and spread the art of clowning.
Before you visit, contact the International Ambassador Chairperson. He/she will assist you as you contact the embassy of the country you are going to visit. Together you will be able to attain as many names as possible of clowns in the area you are visiting along with the surrounding area when available.
You will then assemble an informational packet to share with all the clowns you meet.
1. You should be a member in good standing of COAI
2. You should be able to communicate in the country you are visiting either by knowledge of their language or through and interpreter
3. You must be willing to make the visit at your own expense
4. You should meet the other clowns and exchange clowning information and skills
5. You must be willing to work closely with the International Ambassador Chairperson
6. You must make a written report with pictures upon your return and submit it to the Calliope
For more information and to become a COAI International Ambassador:
Please contact Bob 'Bunky' Gretton (301) 843-8212.
(He lives in the eastern time zone so please take that into consideration when calling)