COAI educational grants are available to help fund clown education on the International and LocalArea convention levels. The funds are designed to assist COAI 100% alleys fund high qualityeducation they might not otherwise be able to afford.
To use this grant money wisely, we suggest the grant be used as only a portion of your educationbudget. Ideally, an alley will match these funds. Be sure to shop around to get the best instructor(s)for your particular needs. There are good suggestions in the COAI Convention FestivalCookbook on determining the educational needs of your convention. We recommend you follow the planning guide closely.
Grants are available in (US. funds):
• up to $250 for 1 day Seminars / Workshop hosted by a COAI 100% Alley
• up to $500 for Workshop/ Conventions (lasting 2 or more days) hosted by a COAI 100% Alley
Preparation: (Prior to Applying)
• Request information of Instructor/s, overview of classes, and fee requirements from prospective instructors approximately eleven (11) months prior to your event.
• Create an education plan by filling out a time table or schedule of events. This process will help you develop a successful overall program
• It is suggested about eight (8) months prior to your event, secure your instructors with signed contracts orvendor agreements. If applicable, use the suggested Contract available in the Festival Cookbook
How to Apply Instructions:-
• Grant Application
• Education Plan/Schedule
• Event Flyer and/or Registration Form
Email the above listed forms, to the COAI Education Director
as soon as possible, (at least 8months prior to your event). Applicants will be notified of grant approval as soon asapproved by the COAI Board
Alleys will be reimbursed within 30 days of submission of all required documentation to the Education Director.
Jim 'Soapy' Dixon
5323 E. Murdock
Wichita, KS. 67208-3561
AFTER THE EVENT
• Copy of the instructor's contracts, travel, hotel receipts and vendor's agreement (if applicable)
• Program book, evaluation summary of program and include the number of participants
• Photo from the event (Photos can be of your committee team as well.) Photos will be used topromote the Grant program via the Calliope or web site.
*Candid comments as to the success of your event would be appreciated but is not required.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW...